59 Best Foods For An Anabolic Diet
Rule #1 to living the Anabolic Lifestyle… Anabolic Eating.
Which allows you to maximize the count and effectiveness of your master-male hormones…
While building muscle and burning fat so you can enjoy a lean and muscular physique year round… not just during beach season.
Which is why I want to give you the 59 best foods for an anabolic diet.
Because truth is, if you’re not not eating Anabolic, you’re not reaching your fullest mantential (see what I did there… a combined man with potential…mantential)…
So let’s up your game starting today with this powerful anabolic foods list.
Let’s start with red meat…
Red meat is chock-full of muscle building amino-acids.
Amino acids are the “building blocks” of protein and are absorbed to help you recover from your workouts and pack on lean, dense muscle.
Beef, along with other meat and dairy sources have all 20 essential amino acids, providing you everything you need to build muscle and dominate your fitness path…
Not to mention, amino acids have also been shown to increase testosterone levels. Beef is a man’s best friend. Check out these anabolic beef sources:
1. Grass-Fed Beef – Key word, grass-fed.
Most cuts of beef are loaded with antibiotics and dangerous chemicals from injections into the cattle. These compounds are found in the fat of the beef…
So if you like fatty cuts of meat, be sure to go grass-fed to prevent these testosterone shrinking chemicals. Another option, purchase lean cuts of meat (5% fat or less).
2. Pork – Another slice of meat to be conscious of.
Although packed with amino acids, be careful of nitrates and other chemicals, especially in bacon.
Some of the best brands – Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon from 365 Everyday Value. Applegate Naturals are also a trusted packaged meat brand.
3. Beef Sticks – Beef sticks are the ultimate anabolic snack. They are loaded with muscle building protein and testosterone boosting amino acids…
You can keep them in your car to munch on during rush hour, desk drawer in your office for a healthy midday filler, or even a quick post workout protein source.
4. Ground Beef – You can eat ground beef in a variety of “fat ranges”.
Add fat packed, grass-fed ground beef to your stuffed peppers for testosterone boosting and muscle building lunch and dinner or roll some extra lean ground beef into a patty and make a burger any style you’d like.
5. Sausage – Start your morning off with a USDA approved sausage link.
Most guys stay away from sausage because of the fat content. However, fat content is great for maintaining healthy testosterone levels…
6. Lamb – A tender and flavor packed fatty meat you can enjoy for dinner with a giant sweet potato and grilled asparagus.
Moving onto poultry…
Poultry, like beef is full of all 20 amino acids.
Because poultry is typically less fatty than beef, it works as the perfect post workout protein source because it’s easily digestible and the amino acids are quickly absorbed in your muscle for repair…
7. Ground Turkey – Ground turkey is typically leaner than ground beef, yet is still loaded with anabolic amino acids. If weight loss is your goal, we recommend replacing ground beef with ground turkey.
8. Chicken – Chicken on a bone. Chicken breast. Chicken thigh. You can eat it all. The only recommendation is to eat boneless, skinless chicken breast if you are consuming chicken post workout…
Less fat allows for faster absorption of amino acids for muscle growth and boneless, skinless chicken breast is about as lean as you can get…
9. Duck – It’s rare for most, but it’s anabolic.
So if you’re at some fancy restaurant or you’re a hunter, just know this feathered friend is good for the muscle.
10. Goose – Same sentiment as above.
However goose is a leaner catch than duck. You’re call based on your goals.
11. Ground Chicken – Similar to the boneless, skinless chicken breast, ground chicken is a very lean poultry source as well.
12. Fowl – Another bird, although not a common selection is packed with protein, lean, and rich in Amino Acids.
Time to get fishy with it…
Fish is jam-packed with omega-3 fatty acids which are shown to increase testosterone levels in men and reduce inflammation in the body.
Fish also contains all 20 essential amino acids and are rich in muscle building protein.
Overall, it’s a great selection and one of the best foods you can eat on this anabolic foods list.
13. Wild Caught Salmon – salmon are rich in omega 3 fatty acids…
Stick with wild caught salmon as these fish aren’t filled with unhealthy fish feed from massive fish farms (yes, “fish farms” exist).
Try and consume salmon 3-4 times per week.
14. Sardines – Sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and typically come in a rectangular shaped can.
Be sure to pick up the sardines cans which say organic.
Sardines are quick and easy to throw onto of salads…
Or swallow down like the Penguin in Batman if you have the stomach for it.
15. Anchovies – They protect against disease and depression…
They are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids…
And are plenty filled with protein and amino acids…
Although high in sodium, anchovies is a high quality anabolic food.
16. Catfish – catfish are known as the “bottom feeders” of the ocean. Not a good rep, however…
They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
And again, you want wild caught catfish.
17. Mackerel – Loaded with healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids and are low in the “bad” saturated fats.
This fish promotes a health heart and again, loaded with anabolic amino for muscle growth.
18. Tuna – Be sure to keep an eye out for the tuna rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
You can buy cheap tuna or for a dollar more you can buy the good stuff… which is the tuna NOTloaded with mercury.
Be sure to seek out tuna with low mercury levels which should be labeled on your canned tuna…
You can also opt-in for tuna steaks (delicious).
19. Trout – Trout is one of the healthiest fish you can eat.
High quality. Omega rich. Packed with protein.
It’s one of the best quality anabolic foods on this list.
20. Crab – Crab is high in protein and testosterone boosting amino acids.
Top it off with some grass-fed melted butter and you’ve got a tasty testosterone boosting meal.
21. Lobster – Like crab, it’s loaded with protein and you can enjoy it guilt-free with a side of melted grass-fed butter for some extra omega 3 fatty acids and anabolic fats every man needs.
22. Mussels – If you have the stomach for the texture, go for it.
They are low in mercury (good) and rich in omega-3 fatty acids (great)
23. Shrimps – Incredibly high in protein and almost no fat per serving.
Throw these shrimps into your eggs in the morning, toss in a salad with lunch, or mix in a stir fry for dinner.
24. Calamari – Fry these bad boys in some olive oil and toss in a salad for a delicious underwater anabolic meal.
Moving onto dairy…
Dairy is considered an animal product because the milk used in dairy products comes from cows…
Being an animal product, you can expect all 20 essential muscle building amino acids for muscle building and testosterone production.
Some dairy products have also been shown to support gut health and burn body fat.
25. Milk – Skim, 2%, Whole, whatever it is, milk is loaded with all of your muscle building amino acids.
Chocolate milk is a fantastic post-workout drink.
26. Italian Cheese (Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Gorgonzola) – yes, I’m Italian, yet no bias here.
Italian cheeses are typically high in fat, but work as perfect toppings for salads, pastas, meats, and more.
27. French Cheese – (Brie, Camembert, Comte) – More delicious cheese options you can eat solo or along with any meal.
28. Other Cheeses – (Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Feta) – Like the above dairy products, you get all of your aminos and delicious flavors to go along with it.
Remember, cheese is typically high in calories…
So if fat loss is your goal, be sure to moderate your cheese intake.
29. Whey Protein – Typically, whey protein supplements have added branched chained amino acids in them, which increases absorption (as it’s in it’s most broken down form) and accelerates muscle recovery.
From personal experience, I have not noticed any change in muscle growth compared to eating lean protein sources post workout, or chugging a protein shake. Recovery and muscle gains compared the same.
30. Heavy Whipping Cream – Heavy whipping cream is low in sugar and fantastic to add into your morning coffee for a little extra flavor and a small boost of amino acids.
Beware, heavy whipping cream is loaded with calories. #followyourgoals
31. Cottage Cheese – It takes a certain stomach to eat cottage cheese.
Not that it’s taste is poor, however the texture is certainly interesting.
Make cottage cheese the perfect muscle building meal by tossing in a few broken up figs for all natural carbs and high quality protein.
It’s the perfect edition to your Anabolic Eating plan (related article: How To Anabolic Eat For Your Age)
32. Greek Yogurt – Greek Yogurt is low in sugar, low in fat, and jam-packed with amino acids. Of all yogurt, Greek Yogurt is King for muscle building.
Hint: Spoon some natural honey in your Greek Yogurt for a little extra flavor.
33. Kiefer – Think of this as drinkable yogurt.
It’s like a thick milk texture and is high in protein and muscle-building amino acids.
34. Probiotic Infused Yogurt – Probiotics are essential for great gut health.
When you improve your gut health you increase your overall health and quality of life.
Onto (anabolic) fats…
Depending on the fats, you can increase your anabolic hormones like testosterone.
You want to consume fats which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and include plenty of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats into your diet for great heart health, reduction of internal inflammation, and increasing amounts of natural testosterone levels…
35. Fish Oil – You can take fish oil as a supplement or fit omega-3 fatty acids into your diet.
Just take a look at the foods in the “fish” section.
36. Krill Oil – Arguably, krill oil is more potent than fish oil.
This may be because there are so many low qualities of fish oil on the market.
Regardless, krill oil is another way you can increase your testosterone levels by reducing inflammation in your body.
37. Ground Flax Seeds – Although, not my #1 recommendation for gathering your omega-3 fatty acids, it does contain omega-3.
It is also full of omega-6 fatty acids which aren’t bad on their own…
However, too much omega-6 can increase inflammation in the body, thus reducing your anabolic hormones.
38. Grass-Fed Butter – Grass-Fed Butter is chock full of omega-3 fatty acids and can easily be spread on your sweet potato, plopped into your morning coffee, or melted for a healthy and tasty lobster dinner.
39. Olive Oil – Olive oil has been shown to increase testosterone levels by 20% making it the perfect anabolic oil.
40. Aragon Oil – It’s been shown to boost your testosterone levels by 33%.
Another oil making a huge impact on your anabolic hormones.
41. Coconut Oil – Perfect for healthy cooking or you can add a spoonful of coconut oil into your coffee or morning smoothie for some testosterone boosting fats.
42. Cage-Free Eggs – These are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and help you pack on plenty of good cholesterol, which increases testosterone levels.
Eggs also contain all 20 essential amino-acids. Just what you need for the perfect anabolic breakfast.
Next up… nuts!
Don’t go crazy on ’em.
Yes, they do have testosterone boosting fats.
They are fantastic with snacks and nut butters can be quick and easy to consume…
However, too much nuts means too much omega-6 fatty acids which have been shown to raise cortisol levels and inflammation while increasing your anabolic hormones.
Also, nuts do not contain all 20 essential amino acids your body needs…
43. Almonds – Almonds are rich in vitamins and minerals and are full of healthy, unsaturated fats.
It’s also a quick source of protein and a very filling source.
44. Cashews – One of the healthiest nuts in the bunch.
45. Pecans – Throw pecans in your yogurt, cottage cheese, or in a trail mix for a quick boost of healthy fats and protein.
46. Macadamia – These nuts are the cream of the crop.
If there’s one on this list you should consume, it’s macadamia nuts.
They are heart healthy, shown to lower bad cholesterol, and aren’t as high in omega-6 fatty acids as other selections like almonds or peanuts.
47. Walnuts – Walnuts have omega-3 fatty acids packed in them.
Pour some honey on top, mix them around, and you’re in for a sweet, anabolic treat.
To the sweet stuff; fruit.
There are very few fruits that are anabolic (as you’ll see below).
However the fruits on this list will be your new go-to’s for boosting your testosterone levels, increasing sex-drive, and supplying muscle-building carbohydrates that don’t come with the extra fat gain.
48. Avocado – this fruit is loaded with a substantial amount of monounsaturated fats which are great for your heart health.
These healthy fats also increase testosterone levels.
Avocado is one of the only fruits that don’t come with the insulin spiking sugars as those in apples, bananas, and oranges.
49. Blueberries – Blueberries are lower on the glycemic index and full of rich antioxidants to reduce inflammation.
Blueberries are a great carb source for post workout recovery with a lean chicken breast.
50. Raspberries – Raspberries are also low on the glycemic index and full of rich antioxidants to reduce inflammation.
Through these into your morning oatmeal for a healthy start to your morning.
51. Watermelon – Watermelon has been shown to increase nitric oxide levels which helps increase muscle pumps during your workout.
This is much better than the artificial powders and potions at your local supplement shop.
Almost to the end… time to talk veggies.
Vegetables are typically loaded with antioxidants and all of the essential vitamins and minerals you need for healthy bodily function and to reduce inflammation.
Which is why vegetables are on this anabolic foods list.
When you have a nutrient deficiency, your body responds with inflammation, or acute and chronic illness.
To prevent these things from happening, it’s essential to consume plenty of vegetables to keep you in an anabolic state.
You can also consume a high-quality multi-vitamin.
52. Asparagus – it goes back to the antioxidants. When you increase your antioxidant consumption, you reduce inflammation levels and therefore improve your testosterone scores.
P.S. Wrap it in bacon. Cook together. You’ll thank me later…
53. Broccoli – this vegetable rids the body of unnecessary estrogen levels allowing men to maintain higher testosterone levels.
54. Cabbage – this vegetable, like broccoli rids the body of estrogen. Corned beef and cabbage? Bring it on!
55. Cauliflower – Similar to broccoli and cabbage, cauliflower is another estrogen reducing veggie.
56. White Button Mushrooms – These are powerful aromatase enzyme inhibitors.
This enzyme in the male body is the aromatase enzyme and it directly converts your hard earned testosterone molecules into the female hormone estrogen.
Kick estrogen out of your body with these mushrooms (warning – I know you want more testosterone asap but please don’t pick them out of your front yard.)
57. Onion – Onions have been shown to increase testosterone levels.
Specifically onion juice.
However, no one drinks that stuff right?
Sauté these and add them on a slab of grilled beef or chop up and throw in your morning egg omelette.
58. Garlic – Garlic can be eaten raw, cooked, or as an herbal supplement used to treat many illnesses.
For bodybuilding and other lifting exercises, garlic can increase testosterone.
It also improves protein absorption and increases muscle recovery.
59. Spinach – this dark, leafy, green vegetable is full of magnesium which helps increase testosterone levels naturally.
There you have it. 59 of the best foods to consume on an anabolic diet.
And if you want to take your nutrition to the next level…
Boost your KING hormone, growth hormone 2000% in the next 24 hours…
While ramping up your master-male hormone, testosterone…
And demolishing stubborn fat, while building rock-hard and rippling muscle…
Be sure to share this article with any other men who want to supercharge their male hormones and maximize muscle growth.